64 acquisitions in AprilMay 14th, 2019 | Posted by in Richard Hall
A total of 64 food and drink industry transactions were recorded in the bevblog.net mergers and acquisitions database during April.
5 amounted to more than $500 million, with 3 of them over $1,000 million:
• $3,400 million in cannabis products for Canada’s Canopy Growth to buy US-based Acreage Holdings
• $1,700 million in wine for US-based E&J Gallo to purchase 30 brands from Constellation Brands
• $1,300 million in snacks for Italy’s Ferrero to take on selected North Amercian brands and facilities from Kellogg
• €885 million in food for PAI private equity and Charles Jobson to acquire Dutch-based Wessanen
• $510 million in soft drinks for Butterfly private equity to win Bolthouse Farms from Campbell Soup in United States
Among the 64, 11 were in alcohol, 10 in dairy, 7 in snacks, 6 in soft drinks, 4 in services and 3 each in ingredients, packaging and plant-based.
32 took place within national borders, 18 of these in the United States. 32 were international, involving 22 different countries.
The United States featured in 36 of the 64, the United Kingdom in 9, France in 7, Canada in 6, Netherlands in 6, Spain in 4, Germany in 3 and Norway in 3.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.