Plastic plans from FranceMarch 21st, 2019 | Posted by in Richard Hall
A group of leading manufacturers and retailers in France have announced recycling targets that go beyond most other initiatives.
Signatories include Coca-Cola, Danone, Nestlé and Unilever along with Auchan, Carrefour, Franprix, Monoprix and Système U, backed by WWF.
There are 6 key goals:
• eliminating problem materials, such as PVC by 2022 and polystyrene
• developing new business models for consumers to adopt reusable packaging
• requiring 100% reusability or recyclability by 2025
• achieving 60% recycling by 2022
• incorporating a minimum 30% recycled content by 2025
• trialling new solutions.
Nestlé has now launched a new paper sachet for Nesquik powder. And Coca-Cola has just introduced some PET bottles with 50% recycled content, having already reached an average 27% recycled content across all its French production.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.