Opinion from global food and drink experts, Zenith Global


October 16th, 2009 | Posted by Richard Hall in Water coolers - (3 Comments)

Many industries have the strangest of terms. In beverages, think semi-skimmed milk, FABs (flavoured alcoholic beverages) or point of use water coolers.

Bill Bruce wrote about cooler nomenclature on foodbev.com last week. He asked if there are more user friendly alternatives. My answer is a simple yes and here is what I would propose.

The current expressions for those machines that dispense chilled water from taps under large bottles are : home and office delivery, HOD, 5 gallon coolers, bulk water dispensers and bottled water coolers. Why not just ‘bottled coolers’ ?

And for similar machines that filter mains water instead of using bottles, we have : plumbed in coolers, mains fed coolers, point of use water coolers, point of use drinking water and no doubt more besides. Why not just ‘filter coolers’ ?

Wouldn’t simplest be coolest ?